Climbing the Pinnacle is the perfect activity for visitors, kids, families, beginners or veteran climbers. With its wide range of routes, Pinnacle climbers are treated to spectacular views of the Seattle skyline as well as peek-a-boo views of the surrounding mountains on a clear day.
Choose from a 15-min or 30-min climb reservation. Reservations for a 15-minute time slot are good for one climber; reservations for 30-minute time slots are good for up to two climbers. When you register, you will only be able to enter one name, but two people can still climb during a 30-min reservation.
An REI Outdoor School staff member will be assigned to you during your reservation to help you with gear (included) and belay you as you climb the Pinnacle! Already have a reservation? Remember to please arrive 5-10 minutes before your scheduled start time so that you are ready to start at your designated climb time.
Open: Saturday & Sunday for climb reservations
- 15-minute Reservation: $15/Members and $25/Non-Members (including tax; good for 1 climber)
- 30-minute Reservation: $30/Members and $50/Non-Members (including tax; good for up to 2 climbers)
How to Reserve a Spot:
- Select a time from the Reservations Page. You will be re-directed to the REI registration system and the time slot will be added to your cart.
- Each Timeslot is set up for one 15 or 30 minute reservation under one name. Select a 15-min reservation if you’d like one person to climb. Select the 30-min reservation if you have two people who would like to climb or one person who wants to climb twice. When you register, you will only be able to enter one name, but two people can still climb during a 30-min reservation.
- If you’d like to have more than two people climb, you’ll need to set multiple reservations back-to-back.
- To reserve more than one time slot, select the first time slot. It will be inserted into your cart. Hit the back button to go back to our reservations page. Click the second time slot. You will then be directed to your cart and should see both reservations listed. Repeat process until finished reserving multiple times.
- If you are receiving an error page, you are likely trying to register for a spot that is already full. Each time slot has room for only one name.
- Reservations Highly Recommended.
Want more info on the Pinnacle?
Visit the Pinnacle Webpage for more details on classes, group climbs, and private use.
The Seattle REI Pinnacle is operated by the Puget Sound REI Outdoor School
REI Outdoor School customer service phone and email is monitored T-F from 9-5pm. Considering that much of our work is in the field or teaching classes, we do our best to respond to inquiries within 1-2 business days or shorter!